Hi friends & family! I'm back to tell you that the recording session at Carriage House studios was a phenomenal SUCCESS! Here is a recap:
- Wed 8/17 - Rehearsal with full band in Brooklyn, then off to stock up on liquid refreshment and food to last us for 3 days. Setup in studio. Late-night jam.
- Thurs 8/18 - I made lots of eggs. We drank lots of coffee. Videographer and friend Ryan McGovern (ROO MCGOO!) arrives with camera! The talented Morgan Price (sax/woodwinds) arrives by Metro-North. We make music! We play with puppies! We make more music! We give each other high-fives!
- Fri 8/19 - We wake up happy. I go on a 1/2 mile run. Bjorn goes on a 112-mile run. Ray sleeps in. Assaf gets a flat tire fixed. Joe eats some eggs. More recording! We finish late in the evening and thank studio-owner, Johnny Montagnese, who, along with Mikhail Pivovarov, made our time at Carriage House a complete delight (not to mention a saving-grace in the wake of losing our other studio). Thanks, guys!
Since the session...
...we've been busy with Swingaroos wedding gigs, spa time, and scheduling the next phase of work for the album. There is still much to be done, including some additional recording with a STRING QUARTET on an original song, choosing our best takes, mixing (by the Heaven-sent Joe DiGiorgi), mastering, design and concert planning. With continued luck, I will be hosting a Friends, Family & Press Pre-Release Concert & party in November/Early December for all of my supporters. You will receive the first copies of the Album, which will not be publicly released until 2017.
And if you are around this week, please stop by one of these shows and say hello!
- Wed 8/31 - Piano/Vocal Duo on the rooftop at Winston (130 Main St, Mt Kisco) from 6-9pm with pianist Joey Lieber. (*Free Cava tasting and $5 cocktail special.) www.winston.com
- Thurs 9/1 - Bassist/Bandleader/Man of My Heart, Ray Cetta, makes his Birdland debut at 6pm with his Latin brass band, LA RECETA. Morgan Price, featured saxophonist on the album, will be a special guest that evening. Doors open at 5pm. www.birdlandjazz.com
- Fri 9/2 - Solo Banjo/Vocal performance at the Gazebo on Nyack's Main Street. Part of the Nyack Art Collective's First Fridays! 6-8pm.
With warmest wishes and continued thanks,